Saturday, September 23, 2006

Why This Blog?

Every time I meet someone and they find out what I do for a living, the questions immediately fly as to what it is like to pilot an airliner, what the lifestyle is like, what a trip is like, what it's like to have an emergency, and on and on and on. It's a job unlike almost any other and many people have fantasized about doing it since they were children. As such it always generates questions.

Others have asked that I start a blog to post my experiences, my thoughts, my observations on my particular trips so they can gain an insight into what it's like to actually be in the pointy end of the plane...the one with the good seats and nice windows. Thus this blog.

I hope that as I post, it will educate and inspire you for the next time you ride on a plane. Maybe you will have a better idea about the professionalism and qualifications of those who are taking you to your destination, as well as a better comprehension about some of the issues and circumstances that we deal with on a daily basis.

Enjoy...and Keep the Blue Side Up!!!

No comments: